Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A German Panzer Races Across Poland in 1940


A German Panzer Races Across Poland in 1940 

                         


As a member of NJIPMS, I participated in a group build of a 1/35 scale Tamiya AFV. I chose the Panzer Type 2 Ausf F. I usually don't put my models on a base, but thought that this would be a good time to step up my presentations. I wanted to create a scene of a tank racing cross country through the fields outside of Warsaw, Poland in September, 1940. 

I used an oval-shaped wooden 8” base. I applied white glue and added Burnt Grass #0595121, Moss Green #0595122 and Forest Green #0595094 Turfs. When they dried on the base, I used thick white glue to add Dark Green Foliage Fiber Clusters #0595059 and Natural Brown Field Grass #0595084. I then drilled a hole in the base for a 6" Ash Tree #0596058. 

All the products I used were from JTT Scenery Products. I am proud of the finished product. Thanks to JTT Scenery Products and Model Rectifier Coporation with their fine line of easy to use products, I can see my Panzer tank in action rumbling through Poland

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & How To
Our ever-changing "What's New & How To" feature will highlight everything you want to know about MRC products and your hobby and market trends. There'll be how-to articles and new product announcements. You'll find FAQs on our products, new videos and fresh modeling concepts. Start exploring and come back often to check out the constantly updated information and current hobby ideas.